Summer is a time for sunshine and fun, but it can quickly become uncomfortable if you don’t drink enough fluids. That’s because dehydration depletes the fluid level in our body. Seventy percent of the human body is made up of water, and it derives nutrients not just from the food we eat but from the liquids we consume as well. Drinking lots of supplemented fluids can help replace the nutrients lost through dehydration.
The recommended choice is plain water, but if you prefer something tasty and flavourful, choose fruit juice. Here are five reasons why a tall glass of fruit juice will keep you refreshed in the rising heat.
1. Natural refreshment: Juices condense the nutrients from recommended fruit servings in an easy-to-consume form - making it the perfect drink for our on-the-go lifestyles.
2. Quick nutrition: It’s important to eat the recommended servings of whole fruit every day. But we might not always be able (or willing!) to follow this requirement. Fruit juices are a perfect way to gain optimal nutrition in a single serving.
3. Instant energy: Fruit juice contains glucose, fructose and essential vitamins and minerals that keep your body healthy.
4. Appetite control: Want to reduce meal portions? Drink a glass of fruit juice before mealtimes. It reduces the appetite significantly and helps reduce unhealthy cravings by stabilising the blood sugar.
5. Improve overall nutrient intake: It's not always possible to get the optimum amount of whole fruits every day. Juices contain the goodness of whole fruit in a condensed form and help make up for nutrient deficiencies in our daily diet.
Types of Fruit Juices and Their Benefits
● Orange Juice: Good for providing the body with a massive boost of vitamin C. It’s also packed with an impressive range of nutrients including vitamin A, thiamine, folate, potassium, magnesium, protein, and other trace minerals that help protect the immune system.
● Apple Juice: Apple juice has quercetin which is known for its performance-boosting properties and is an excellent drink to consume before workouts. Studies have also linked regular consumption of apple juice to a lowered risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
● Mango Juice: Contains generous amounts of beta-carotene and Vitamin A which is essential for healthy eyesight. Mango juice also has potassium which helps the proper function of the heart and regulates your body’s blood pressure.
● Pomegranate Juice: This is ideal for skin health as it's filled with three times more antioxidants than green tea and has Vitamin E. It also helps reduce inflammation and protect the heart against disease.
● Berry Juice: Nutrients can vary according to the type of berry. Thanks to its low glycaemic index, berry juice is an excellent choice for people with diabetes. Weight watchers can also benefit from berry juice as it contains few calories and no fat.
● Guava juice: Rich in lycopene and antioxidants that are beneficial for the hair and skin. Guava juice also contains manganese, an essential mineral for absorbing nutrients from the food we eat. Guavas are about 80% water, so they’re fantastic for keeping you fresh and hydrated.
Choose the best of Al Rawabi Juices with the right nutrients for you. Happy holidays!